Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Hawaii Blog that Gives Back!

In the midst of my eternal internet browsing, I came across a blog from a guy named Erik Blair who is a recent Hawaii transplant (just like me).  He also has created a blog about his life.  The nice thing about his blog is that it actually has a purpose.

In his own words:

"In July of 2009, I quit my job in Nevada and moved to Maui with two important goals in mind: (1) a fresh start for my financially strapped family in the place we love, and (2) to give back to the community.  This year I'm wearing a different T-shirt every day on the year to promote awareness about Hunger and the important work being done by the Maui Food Bank.  You can learn more by going to my website, http://www.theyearoflivinghumorously.com/".

Erik Blair on his quest to help the hungry!
His challenge began on January 1st of this year, and the way I understand it he is wearing a different shirt each day which he takes a picture of daily for the blog.  Each shirt is a donation by whoever is willing to help his cause.  The shirts are subsequently raffled off on ebay.  The proceeds of these sales are given to the Maui Food Bank to provide food for the hungry.  How cool is that???

PLEASE check it out, and tell your friends!  Donate a shirt or bid on one, if you want to help hungry people in Hawaii!  MAHALO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment