Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Big Job Update!

We have had a couple of much needed minor miracles happen to us in the last week.  First of all, after over a year of prolonged unemployment  I have been offered a job!  It is with a non-profit company here in Oahu which services the homeless by helping them find employment and housing.  It is miraculous primarily because I finally have a job, but also because it has been a long time dream of mine to work toward helping the homeless in some way. 

The second big news, because I need transportation for a job which requires me to make monthly visits all over the island, is that we finally have our own car!  After nearly three months without one, I cannot tell you the amazing feeling of freedom we have from once again owning our own car.  We are now the proud owners of a Honda Fit Sport model, a car I had been thinking of buying ever since it came out.
Oh yes, ours is purple (blackberry pearl), just like this one!
Our previous car, the one we had to give up, was a Scion XB.  I enjoyed this car primarily for its larger size and fun styling.  But the clunk XB could never beat a Honda in a road test.  This Fit practically jumps off the line and begs to be driven!  It's handing is superb, and it is extremely fun to drive.  Not to mention that it has a funky style all its own.  And hey, it's a Honda!  Is there any better economy car on the road these days?  Not really.

Truth be told, when it comes to buying a car I am extremely anal.  I spent hours and hours online, like I always do, comparing prices and reviews.  I looked at similar sized cars like the Kia Soul, the Scion XD, the Ford Fiesta and the Nissan Cube.  The Fit is by far the most expensive car in it's class, but it has extremely good reliability ratings--the kind the others simply cannot touch.  It is built to last.  Like I said before, it's a Honda.

Anyway, it has definitely been a week of big changes and good news for us!  Something we have needed to happen for quite a long time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment