Saturday, October 9, 2010

Local Restaurant Review: an OUTSTANDING burger joint!

If you have never had it, believe me when I tell you that it is worth the trip to California just to try this most heavenly of delights--the In-n-Out double double animal style (cue the Hallelujah chorus).


I have a confession to make...  My name is Coconut Dave and I am a foodie...  So much so, that if I allowed myself to eat all of the food I wanted all of the time (instead of limiting it to the food I need when I am hungry) I could easy weigh 700 pounds right now.  I LOVE food!  And I especially love great fast food.

I know my SoCal peeps can totally feel me when I say that one of the most difficult things for me to leave behind was my beloved In-n-Out...  Up until the very last day, I was trying to find ways to sneak a double double animal style before I had to say good-bye.  I have to tell you, I had no real hopes of ever finding anything that comes close to the awesome deliciousness of that singular burger. 

Well, I am here to tell you that I may not have found a replacement but I have found something that is definitely just as good.  Do not get me wrong, I am more surprised than anyone by this glorious happenstance. 

Teddy's Bigger Burger is not only an incredible burger but also a great dining experience.  The choices are numerous and all extremely appealing.  (Unfortunately I was disappointed to find that they no longer carried jalapeno poppers--one of my favorite heart attack snacks.  But it's hard to be upset when there are so many other fabulous options to be enjoyed.)


Teddy's Bigger Burger:  This is not the bacado burger, but this one looks damn good too!

For my first visit, I opted for the bacado burger--a burger patty with cheddar cheese, avacado and bacon; with all the fixin's of course.  Not only do the burgers come in three sizes, but they pile on the toppings!  I had so much sliced avacodo on my burger that it was falling out all over the places.  The secret sauces is very good too, although too much of it might make a burger a bit too sweat.  Fresh lettuce and tomato.  Onions grilled or not.  I usually forsake onions, but these are sliced so thin that you hardly notice they are there.  They simply add to the flavors as opposed to overwhelming them.  It's topped with a nice bun that is just the right consistency.  And the burger patty, you ask...  Oh man, how do I put this?...?  It literally tastes like that best backyard barbecue burger that you remember from way back when that you always thought you would never ever get to have again.  I have no idea how they do it, but that really is the only way to describe it.  Purely amazing indeed. 

I could go on and on with the choices.  They have grilled chicken is three flavors.  They serve a fish sandwich.  You can get any of the proteins on a giant salad.  The onion rings are fantastic, as well as the fries.  They have all these sandwich combinations that I just can't wait to try.  All in all, hands down one of THE best burgers I have ever eaten.  I will be returning to try some more of these great choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment