Monday, December 13, 2010

Wish you guys could get this on the mainland!!!

Reading this blog, you've probably already realized that I am obsessed with food... I can't help it!  Good food is one of those things that makes life worth living!  And one of the tastiest treats I have had in a long time is the Haupia pie at McDonalds here in Hawaii.


I realize the picture is not very appetizing but please do not be fooled.  If you like coconut, this thing is a piece of heavenly delight.  Only problem is, it's also a heart attack wrapped in a deep fried shell.  I can't even imagine the amount of calories and saturated fat.  Thankfully, this is a limited time item.  I just wish you all could try it on the mainland.  I remember eating haupia (coconut pudding) as a kid at a neighbor's luau.  It was so good, I use to dream about it.  I did not eat it again until our first visit to Hawaii.  It's just one of those things that you cannot help but love.  But to put it in a pie and deep fry it, man, that's just plain evil! 

No comments:

Post a Comment